Melissa Joan Gold, known as Songbird, is an Inhuman who was had lived in the Afterlife. She had left the Afterlife, but when she received word that Jiaying had started a war against S.H.I.E.L.D., she believed that S.H.I.E.L.D. was a terrorist organization that was responsible for torturing her mentor.
Melissa Joan Gold was a troubled runaway from an alcoholic father and incarcerated mother. In order to survive on the streets, Melissa developed a hard edge to her personality, referring to herself as "Mimi." She eventually found work as a costumed professional wrestler, taking the stage name Screaming Mimi, and joined the wrestling team known as the Grapplers.
- Unnamed Father
- Mimi Schwartz Gold - Mother †
- Dane Whitman - Teammate
- Damage Control
- Thomas Foster - Enemy turned Ally
- Dark Avengers
- Dane Whitman
- Erik Stephan Josten - Enemy turned Ally, Friend, and Teammate
Powers and Abilities
Known to be one of the most strongest Inhumans, Melissa possessed various enhanced attributes after undergoing Terrigensis.
- Acoustikinesis: After undergoing Terrigensis, she had the ability enerate powerful sonic blasts, sonic force-fields, and can even create solid objects created from sound including battering rams, pincers and platforms. Melissa can also generate high pitched sonic vibrations that are subtle enough to avoid her being consciously detected by others and, thereby, allowing her to influence the actions of others.
- Flight: By creating wings out of pure sound energy, she can propel herself through the air at great speeds; most likely supersonic at the speeds of sound.
- Superhuman Speed: The superior energy output and force of her muscles enables Melissa to run and move at speeds that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: Melissa's muscles are more efficient than those of an ordinary human. As a result, they produce less fatigue toxins during physical activity. At her peak, she can exert herself for several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in her bloodstream begins to impair her.
- Superhuman Durability: Her bodily tissues are tougher and more resistant to some forms of physical injury than those of any different Inhuman. Melissa's body is able to withstand great impact and blunt force trauma. She can withstand impacts, such as falling from several stories or being repeatedly struck with superhuman force, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little or no injury to herself.
- Superhuman Agility: Melissa's agility, balance and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Her reflexes are similarly enhanced and superior like a number of different Inhumans.